Thursday, October 02, 2008

At the Radio Station by Morgan Mandel


Morgan with Mark Everett


While we're on vacation near Minocqua, Wisconsin, my husband and I enjoy listening to WJJQ FM, from Tomahawk, Wisconsin.

The morning man, Mark Everett, is one of our favorites. He adds personal touches to his program by announcing birthdays when people call in. We get up early on each other's birthdays and call so we can hear the announcements more than once.

Tuesday, we took a trip to the station and brought along my mystery, Two Wrongs, and my romantic comedy, Girl of My Dreams, for Mark to read. He let us into the broadcast booth. It was fun sitting in the On the Air room in the hot seat with the headset on, pretending I was going live.

Mark suggested an on-the-air author interview some time soon. Due to calendar conflicts, the earliest we could settle on was next Spring. I'm looking forward to the broadcast when I can share a bit of my author world with the station's listeners.

Morgan Mandel

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:07 AM

    Yay - I'm first today! LOL. Bopped on over to do your BBT critique for ya - I gotta stop back more often, Morgan, this is a VERY nice blog ya got goin on. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to the station on your trip was a great PR move, Morgan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm critiquing your blog now, Morgan, and had to try out the comments section.

    Interesting blog.

    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming on over. Any constructive comments I receive will be thoughtfully considered.

    Morgan Mandel
    www.morganmandel

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is that! Good for you and I hope you are having fun!!

    June


    www.junesproat.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! You really do get yourself out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Morgan - sounds like a great visit! And a good idea to see the station before your interview. Now you'll know what to expect when you "go live" on the radio.

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment Is Welcome