Sunday, November 30, 2008

Finds and Bargains

My husband likes to go to a store, buy what he came for and hightail it out as fast as he can. I, on the other hand, view shopping as an adventure. I'm easily and happily distracted and conned into buying items I hadn't come to buy. In other words, I'm what store owners love - an impulse buyer.

Not so fast---Before you think I'm a mad shopaholic, I'll qualify what I just called myself. I look at an item, examine it carefully, and think hard about whether or not I really can use or I really want that item. Sometimes my want overtakes my common sense, but most of the time I know my prices and know if I can afford to make that purchase, or if I should wait for a better bargain to come along. When I do find something I care for, like a pair of slacks or shoes with a perfect fit, I usually buy more than one. That's because I know that if I really like something it will never be found on the face of the earth again once the original is worn out.

Today, I examined the Sunday ads. Strangely enough I found something at Walgreens that both my husband and I wanted to buy. I don't know anyone who's watched TV in the last year who hasn't seen the commercial for Pedi Paws.

Since Rascal is a real baby when it comes to getting her nails done, we decided to try the product. We zoomed into Walgreens and wonder of wonders, there were massive quantities of Pedi Paws to be had. How strange, a sales item in stock and in plain view! We grabbed one, paid for it and rushed out, before I could look around for StickNClick, which was also on sale,but not as much of interest to the DH.

Of course, hubbie wanted to test the product right away, so Rascal got her nails filed a few hours later. I must say the product worked quite well. Although she wasn't exactly pleased with the sensation of the rotating filer, the process appeared painless and didn't take long.

Afterward, I read the instructions - why read them beforehand? They suggested to get the animal acclimated to the product in short dosages first and use treats to associate good stuff with the Pedi Paws system. It may be too late, but maybe we'll try that before her next session to make it a more pleasing experience for her.

So, Pedi Paws was my find for the day. Has anyone else run into a great find they were happy with, or maybe disappointed in? Did anyone get any good bargains lately? Please share.

Oh, if you get a great find or bargain later on, feel free to add it as a comment on whatever blog I've got up that day. I do want to encourage bargain hunting!

4 comments:

  1. I thought of getting a PediPaw thingee for the cats, but am not sure they would sit still for it with the buzzing noise and all...

    i did not go shopping at all this weekend. I would rather relax than get trampled by bargain hunters...but I DO have Walgreens nearby and might check it out for the Pedi Paw...just for the heck of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not noisy but it does feel strange. I tried it on my fingernail. It didn't work on me, but did work for Rascal.

    Morgan Mandel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with respect to shopping. The older I get, the more it bothers my legs and lower back to walk around, looking at this and that. Sometimes, I have a little idea of what I'm looking for but most often, it's pretty hit and miss. But, when I do find something I like, then the difficulty really sets in -especially if it's clothing and the item is available in several different colors! Making a decision on what color to get can take me a long, long time -all of which makes being on my feet that much harder for me. So it ultimately becomes a royal pain in the behind, ya know. So now I tend to avoid it as much as I possibly can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Morgan. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog a few minutes ago. It gives me a chance to meet you too.

    I must 'fess up, I've been know to buy a few things now and then on an impulse. Shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone tho, okay? [rofl, ya, like my family doesn't know this already]

    I examine the Sunday sale ads also. Hehehehehe, I found something I just 'gotta have' for the holiday tree. It's at World Mart and I know I'll no doubt come out of there with more than one item.

    Again, thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself. You're always welcome to return too, any time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment Is Welcome