Thursday, September 10, 2009

Vistaprint Is My Friend

I'm doing a presentation called Promo Primer on Saturday at the Schaumburg Township District Library. To get ready, I've rounded up samples of my promo items for Killer Career, Two Wrongs, Girl of My Dreams and my blogs.

As I glance at the collection, I can't help but notice almost everything came from Vistaprint. I've got postcards, flyers, business cards, brochures, a lawn sign, car magnets, a tote bag, tee shirts, you name it. They're all from the same place. That's because so far I haven't found anywhere to beat Vistaprint's prices. They send me an e-mail just about every day with their latest free offers. Once I had my first batch done, I just selected the same thing next time to save money.

If you haven't checked out Vistaprint, try it, but a note of caution. Don't click on anything else except what you are ordering, unless you really want it. Also, check your cart to make sure you didn't click anything by mistake. You can always remove it before you pay. Also, remember you'll be getting lots of e-mails about free items, so it's not necessary to buy extra of an item unless you're really desperate. It's easy enough to pull up another e-mail and order off of that after you've already placed an order. Just be careful you go to the sale e-mail first when you order because that's the portal to savings. If you just go to the site, you don't always get the bargain.

What about you? Is Vistaprint your friend or do you have a different one? Or, maybe you share friendship with more than one company.

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely love Vista Print. I get all their emails about free stuff almost every other day but it's one "spam" email I don't mind. The bad thing is, I keep forgetting to take advantage of it! I've ordered quite a few things from their free ads and never had any problems whatsoever. I ordered a white t-shirt with my company's name on the front (using one of their designs) and it's still hanging in my closet. The free pen still works but I have it in my cup up here and rarely use it. The magnets are wonderful and don't even let me get started on the business cards. Everything was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love GotPrint. I use them for everything and repeatedly receive comments on the quality of my promo items.

    L. Diane Wolfe “Spunk On A Stick”
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also use Vistaprint but sometimes use local companies as well. I'll have to check out GotPrint, that Diane mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my friends uses GotPrint for bookmarks. I've been using PrintPlace for them, since Vistaprint for some reason doesn't do bookmarks.

    The best deals for pens I've found at Amsterdam.com

    Morgan Mandel
    http://www.morganmandel.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny you mention VistaPrint today because I was just thinking of using them to make some promo postcards for my book! Thanks for the validation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love their products and have used them for signings--postcards and signs. Good quality! I wish they made bookmarks, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use Vistaprint too, and also wish they still did bookmarks. THey used to. The first ones I got for books published in 2000 came from them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am such a HUGE VistaPrint fan! I have learned to use a lot of their free products for multiple purposes, and simply cannot beat their "deals". As a (sometimes literally) starving artist, they stretch my budget and keep me looking professional.

    Yay, VistaPrint, The Fitwryter love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used Vistaprint for my Totally Buzzed flyers and loved their work. You are very correct to caution on the overspending though--they are relentless!

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment Is Welcome