Monday, November 15, 2010

Hibernation by Morgan Mandel

I don't know about you, but I find it hard to keep my eyes open lately in the evenings. I get myself all comfy on the couch, with my comforter over me, start watching something good on TV, and I miss most of it.I wake up and then stumble upstairs to bed.

In the morning, it's harder than hell to get up. I'd much rather stay in my cozy waterbed. If I don't get up, though, and start moving around, my energy is sapped for the day. Once I get moving, I'm okay. It's just the getting up process that's hard.

I blame it on the change of seasons. It's dark so early at night and darkness is a conducive atmosphere for sleep. So, it's very easy to hibernate these days.

Yes, I do have this inclination to stay in la-la land, mostly in the evening after a hard and confusing day at work. Because of that, it's almost impossible for me to do anything then on my WIP.

I have made a schedule which I'm doing my best to adhere to. If I want to send out emails in the morning, I try to do them from my home computer before leaving for work. When I'm on the train going to work, I devote that time to my WIP. On breaks I catch a few blogs and emails. At lunch and on the way home, I read my Kindle. When I get home, if I feel up to it, I try to finish a blog, then relax, go back and do some emails, and perhaps zonk out.

What about you? Are you feeling more like hibernating these days also? Does your schedule change with the seasons?

7 comments:

  1. Morgan, no excuse here in Florida for hibernation. It's still 75 to 80 degrees, and we'd better stay awake and type. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can visit the Midwest, Mona, so you can get some rest.

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't gotten enough sleep in a while, so hybernation sounds good to me.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way these days. Curling on the couch with a blanket, the TV on and dozing off in the middle of some show.

    Since I have no set schedule and don't set an alarm most days I can get up as early as 7 AM or as late as noon. And yes, the time of year and weather play a big part in that. Even if the sun is up, if it's cloudy and wet all that grayness along with the bare branches make staying in a cocoon so easy.

    To counteract that I like to schedule some days to spend an hour or two at the library pulling up research and jotting notes. That gets my mind in gear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely feel it. I've been trying to read in the evenings before I go to bed, but I keep doing the head-bob-and-doze thing. I think I'll switch to reading in the morning before I head for my computer.

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment Is Welcome