Saturday, November 27, 2010

How Was Your Black Friday? What about Cyber Monday?

My brother and I went for our annual excursion hitting area stores on Black Friday, while my husband relaxed at home. He hates such doings, but I enjoy joining in the excitement. The worst line was at Kohl's, but I stayed in it, because I really liked the 40% off tablecloth I got for $8.99.

I picked up some other nice bargains, but didn't go overboard. Besides our last stop at Kohl's, we hit Radio Shack, Meijer, Walmart, KMart, Staples, Pep Boys, my brother's choice which was surprisingly popular, Office Depot, Menards. I was too late for the $9.99 comforters and the $9.99 frying pan sets at Menards, but I did pretty well otherwise. For photos of my bargains, including a stainless steel stock pot, come on over to http://facebook.com/morgan.mandel

I couldn't get up any enthusiasm for Saturday sales, but by Monday, I'll be checking the Web. I've been tempted for a while to get a projector for when I do presentations. I wonder if there will be a good one I can find on Cyber Monday. If so, I'll let you know.

What about you? Did you do any Black Friday buying? What about Cyber Monday? Will you be checking the Internet for bargains?

5 comments:

  1. I purchased my husband's big gift last Friday online. Hope I can hide it when it's delivered this week. And hope he doesn't kill me - I spent some money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They hate when that happens, don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not shop on Black Friday. Haven't done that for a lot of years and I explain why on my blog.

    I did buy a few things online Monday, but was so busy I didn't have time to check out all the deals. Plus, I already have a lot of gifts purchased. I like to buy things throughout the year when I see something I think someone will like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:50 AM

    Oh my word. You couldn't pay me enough to venture out on Black Friday. LOL. Cyber shopping is the way to go for this chick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one thing I just cannot make myself do. I already hate shopping, so Black Friday is like torture. This year, I've done most of my shopping for out-of-towners online. I love the Internet...

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment Is Welcome