Monday, April 27, 2009

Rascal Celebrates At Bentley's 1st Anniversary Party


Saturday the DH and I took Rascal to the 1st Anniversary Party at Rascal's favorite hangout, Bentley's Corner Barkery, where Lisa and Giovanni, the Owners, had special cake for dogs and also human cake at the back of the store.

It was a crazy day weatherwise, so we drove and parked a few blocks away to avoid getting caught in the intermittent downpours. Anyway, the party was well attended and probably would have been even more attended if the weather had been better. I took a video of the event, so you can see how the party went. Also, we got a call that Rascal won a raffle prize, so we came back on Sunday to claim Rascal's basket of goodies. That's on the movie also, but here's a pic to the left with Mia showing Rascal her basket.

Here's the Youtube Link:
Have you ever been to a dog party before? Do you go to stores that allow pets inside? Do you prefer going to family businesses rather than large company owned places? Please share.

7 comments:

  1. Good for Rascal!

    Outside of PetsMart, guess I've never been to a store that allowed animals inside.

    And of course, private owned businesses are preferred - they have so much more personality!

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a cat person but the idea of a store just for animals and parties such as the one you attended is fantastic! We need more of them because our fur/feather kids don't get the appreciation they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to a doggie party but if they serve cake for humans, I'd go!

    Jane Kennedy Sutton
    http://janekennedysutton.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:48 AM

    I love animals and especially dogs. But I haven't been able to have a dog in all my 33 years of marriage cuz the wifey dear is allergic to dogs AND cats. Sigh.

    But no, no doggie parties for me. Not yet anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No pets, but I think I would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute that is! That's so special to have a party for Rascal and win a prize too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just too fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment Is Welcome