Saturday, February 20, 2010

How to Add Extra Pages on Your Blogger Blog

If you'd like tabs and extra pages for your Blogger Blog like I have on the top of mine, sign into your blog, go to the top right and Pick Customize, then go to the Dashboard. Go to the Layout tab and look for where you can add a Gadget. On mine, the choice is in the middle after the title, or on the left sidebar. By choosing the middle one, you can get tabs that go across the page. How many depends on your template, but the most you can add are ten. By picking the sidebar, you'll get a list effect.

After that, go back to the Dashboard. If you have more than one blog, pick the one you want to work on. When the list of posts comes up, instead of clicking on one of those, look on the top left for Edit Post (that's where mine is. Yours might be somewhere else)

After you click that, you should get a choice to add a page. When that comes up, fill it out the same same way you would a regular post and click Publish, or Draft if you don't want it up right away.

Ten pages are possible if your blog template is wide enough. Otherwise, you'll probably get less. Also, if your page names are long, you may end up with more than one row. I shortened my titles when that happened to me.

After it's done, you can decide whether or not you like the way it looks. If you don't like the new look, you can always delete and go back to how your blog looked before. I like the idea of having the tabs where everyone can see them right away and be enticed to check out the contents, although I do think my blog has a busier look now. I guess I'll have to accept that for the greater good.

Are you going to add extra pages? If so, let us know how it worked for you.
Morgan Mandel

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting about this, Morgan. This looks like what I wanted to do to put a separate page up with a listing of my favorite bloggers (kind of like a blogroll) but had no clue as to how to set anything like this up. I had no idea that Blogger had added a way to do this till you mentioned about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very helpful to know this, Morgan! Thank you ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. Now if I can just remember the steps in adding another page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. considering it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the new gadget to add pages a few days ago and love the idea. I will be doing it, just have to sit aside the time to do it. I think it helps a lot to be able to grp different subjects and make it more organized. I'm very excited about this!! Yours looks great, Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. Thanks for the lead, Morgan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for letting me know how to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this a while back, but have not gotten around to adding pages. I think I will. Some time. Thanks for the clear directions.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. That's very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Definately one of the more infoprmative and useful blogs this week. Thanks Morgan. I need to redesign my blog and this is just waht the doctor ordered.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Morgan. I've added extra pages to my blog and did a little redesign. I hope you'll take a peek and let me know what you think. Yours looks great.

    http://mizging.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent! This solves a huge problem I've had for some time. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10:32 AM

    Thank you, Morgan. As always, I bow to your greatness. You always have the most helpful hints and this one will go a long way for those who are trying to have a web presence on a tight budget.

    Teagan Oliver
    www.TeaganOliver.com
    www.TeaganOliver.blogspot.com
    www.ParanormalMaine.blogspot.com
    www.GotGhost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey cool info, MM! My WP blog it's easy to add pages to. But I also have a blogspot blog and have never figured out how to do it there. Thanks!

    The Old Silly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morgan, I have a question. Yes, I see that Blogspot allows me to set up separate pages. But are we supposed to be able to make separate posts to these pages? So far, it seems as though we can only add posts to the original page.

    If that's the case, it is still helpful, but not as much as it might be.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not sure what you're getting at, Bob. The added pages have whatever new information you put on them. Think of them almost as web pages.

    If you don't like a page any more, the easiest thing to do is replace it and put a different one up. Hope this helps.

    Morgan Mandel

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment Is Welcome