Friday, September 04, 2009

Fish Fry and Fishing

So far, we've got a fish fry lined up for our Friday night's entertainment. No, it won't be the ones the DH catches. Those go to our neighbor across the street for her and her daughter to prepare. The DH likes to catch fish, but neither he nor I like to clean and cook them. Better that way, anyhow. It doesn't seem as personal that way seeing the fish alive, then eating it later.

What about you? Do you like fish frys? Do any of you like to fish?

6 comments:

  1. My side of the family loves to fish, but I never got into it. And now that I don't eat meat, it's really a moot point... I have cleaned fish before, though. Rabbit, too!

    L. Diane Wolfe “Spunk On A Stick”
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to eat fish but I don't want to catch them or clean them and I don't want them to look like a fish when they're on my plate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:56 AM

    I love both but am frequently hampered by 1) the Hubs, who doesn't care for fried food and 2) the Hubs' fishing equipment needs a serious upgrade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to eat fish, esp salmon, but I am not a catcher. Do not have the patience to sit forever holding a pole and staring at water. Also, do not like to stick a hook through a worm, and certainly could not clean a fish. Considering all that, perhaps I should give up eating the poor things.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Helen. Love salmon but also not a catcher. I'd have too much guilt looking at the poor thing and I know I'd throw it back. Give a fillet anytime, but I don't want it looking like a fish, just the same way as I don't want my steak reminding me it used to be a cow. I may have a guilt problem...

    Elspeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that guilt problem about what I'm eating, so I try to stay one step removed when I can.

    Morgan Mandel

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment Is Welcome