Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Forget Something?

It took an incredibly long time to get to our home in Illinois from the Minocqua, WI area, over 7 1/2 hours. Minocqua, WI, by the way, does play a role in Killer Career. Of course, the last hour seemed the longest. One reason was a bit of construction work which we couldn't avoid when we got closer to home.

Right now, I have bags and stuff from vacation all over the living room and dining room. I'm not sure how much I'll put away, since I have a feeling October will be here soon, judging by how the two months flew by since our June vacation.

Also, I'm the packer for vacation and the DH is the driver. This time, the packer forgot most of the DH's socks, plus his jeans. I'm kind of afraid to put away the stuff I brought home. There's danger I may forget to pack it all again next time.

One year, the DH forgot to bring his money, one of the few things he does pack himself. One time, quite a while back, before we had the transponder gizmo that we pay tolls for online, I forgot the change purse with the tollway coins.

What about you? Did you ever forget to bring something with on vacation?

8 comments:

  1. I usually can't relax and get in that vacation mode until I remember something that I forgot! Then I spend about 10 minutes feeling bad about being so absent minded about whatever it was before entering my 'so what - I can live without it phase.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been so long since I went on a vacation. Really! A cruise in 2004. That was the last one. (I don't count trips to see family - those are NOT vacations!)

    I remember going to a book signing and forgetting all of my posters! That's when I feel really dumb.

    L. Diane Wolfe “Spunk On A Stick”
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I went camping the first year we were married during college spring break. We got to the campground late, pitched the tent, and looked all over for the blankets (we hadn't bought sleeping bags yet). Unfortunately, the blankets weren't with us, because my husband had left them by the front door. So at midnight, my husband drives all the way back home, gets the blankets and we sleep well for the tiny bit of nighttime remaining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to forget something each trip. I'm getting better at packing everything, though. Usually what I forget can be replaced, like shampoo or some such. On our most recent trip to Vegas, I did forget something important, but I had help. I like to lay everything out on the bed so I can see what size bag I'm going to need. DH, who travels extensively for work, can pack for a week's trip in his briefcase, and that includes a laptop. For a long trip, he'll take a hang up bag. When we travel together I cannot convince him that smashing my hang-up stuff on top of his in his bag will wrinkle my stuff. For the Vegas trip, I laid everything on the bed except my hanging clothes. I went downstairs, came back up and he had not only packed my bag, he'd put my hanging clothes on top of his, zipped the hanging bag and was proudly ready to go. In Vegas I discovered that the one skirt and top I'd picked out was apparently still in my closet. I had the shoes, though. Heels don't go with my capri pants very well.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once when I was going from Omaha to Dallas to speak at a writers' conference, I forgot my hanging bag that had all the outfits for the three day conference. I had plenty of casual clothes, but nothing appropriate for the con. That was a good excuse to go shopping, much to my husband's chagrin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting better with each trip. I usual forget the suntan lotion. But now I'm finding when you fly you are much better off buying it when you get there. The small cans due to flight restrictions are great, but after one quick spray it's pratically gone. Hey, if you forget something it gives you a good reason to go shopping.

    Good luck with your book signings.

    Regards,
    Donna
    Children’s Author
    Write What Inspires You Blog
    The Golden Pathway Story book Blog
    Donna M. McDine’s Website

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went camping a month ago with my family. I forgot a lighter to light the camp stove. My husband had to go into town to buy a lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy, have I ever -- we just got back from vacation a week or two ago -- and I had forgotten to pack my underwear.

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment Is Welcome