Saturday, June 06, 2009

Not Early Enough

I got up around 5:20 this morning, but it wasn't early enough. The DH gets up around 3:15 to go fishing on our pier. He hears the cry of the loons, and sees a bunch of other neat things, like the beaver getting out of the water and scrambling into the creek to go across the street to the pond.
Today, he saw a huge fox being chased by birds.

He has a video camera, but it's too bulky, so he doesn't use it to capture any of these wildlife moments. I think we should invest in a small camera with movie settings for him. I don't want him to use my camera, because, God forbid, somehow it lands in the water or gets wrecked.

Anyway, I'm getting ready for another Flea Market Day today at Arbor Vitae Fireman's Field. The forecast is cool, with rain moving in this afternoon, so I'm not sure how many browsers or buyers will stop by. Still, I do enjoy bonding with the other vendors. It's a whole different world seeing everything from their perspective. I'll let you know how things go.

4 comments:

  1. What do you sell at your stall? Books?

    Sounds like you live in a wonderful area full of water and wildlife.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get him that small camera! Those would be neat things to see.

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely day (aside from the getting up at 5:20... much less 3:15 a.m. parts...). Sounds like you live out in the country?
    Anyhow, wonderful to read about such places and know they still exist,as here I sit, deep in the heart of the 'burbs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Do let us know how the flea market book sales go. You are still the queen of PR in my eyes.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment Is Welcome