This is the first of a three part series.
- Today I'll tell you how to add the Follower feature to your blog.
- Monday you'll learn How to Follow Someone's Blog.
- Tuesday you'll get the scoop on Why you should be a Follower. You may be as surprised by the benefits as I was.
So you've heard about and seen this cool feature called Following on other people's blogspots, but you're not sure how to add it to your own. It's not that hard. Here's what you do:Part I - How to Add the Followers Gadget to Your Blogspot:
- Sign in to Blogger.com with your username and password, either from your own blog or just by typing the url at the very top of the screen;
- Find your blogspot on the dashboard. You may only have one, unless you're blog crazy like I am with many of them;
- Click the Layout button. The outline of your layout will come up;
- Click Add a Gadget;
- You'll get a popup screen with Gadgets listed. One of them is Followers;
- Click the plus sign by Followers;
- Keep the name Followers or you can call it something else. Click Save in the popup window;
- Blogger automatically puts the gadget at the top. If you wish the Followers feature at a different location on your blog, drag the box labelled Followers or whatever you've called it yourself to a new spot;
- Click Save again when you're through deciding where it goes. You can always change your mind again by dragging the Followers box somewhere else later and saving it.
- Click at the top of the layout where it says View Blog.
Now that you can view your blogspot, look in the spot chosen in the layout. It should say Followers (or whatever other name you gave it), plus it will say Be the First to Follow This Blog. After you've snared your first follower, it will say Follow This Blog instead.
You've done it! The Followers feature is now up and running on your blog. Here's hoping you have many followers.
Stay tuned tomorrow when I tell you how to become a follower, then on Tuesday when you learn the many advantages of why you should be a follower on other blogspots.
I'm curious. Have my instructions helped you to put the Followers gadget on your blogspot?
Or did you already have it? Please share.