- How to add the Followers feature to your blogspot.
- How to follow another blogger's blogspot.
If you missed the first two posts of this series, just scroll down to the two posts below and you'll get caught up to speed.
Today's post covers why you should be a Follower.
Part III - The Benefits of Being a Follower. You may or may not have noticed some of the rewards that'll come your way when you decide to follow someone else's blogspot. Here are the ones I've discovered. Maybe they'll convince you to take the step of being a Follower on your favorite blogspots, if you haven't become one already:
- If you click and agree to follow a blogspot, your photo (unless you choose to be anonymous) gets added to the Followers grid on that site for all visitors to see.
- Anyone who moves the mouse to your photo will see your name displayed.
- Anyone who clicks on your photo will automatically land on your Profile, which, if you've filled it in correctly, should contain your website, your blogspot(s) and other valuable information, along with any blogspots you're following.
- Because the links to the blogspots you're following are conveniently listed on your Profile, you can easily follow the blogs you like by accessing the list on your Profile.
- Here's something else, which I found surprising, and you may not realize - If you Google your name, or receive Google Alerts, your name most likely will come up on that blogger's blogspot even if you haven't visited it that day. This has happened to me quite often.
- You'll make a blogspot owner very happy you decided to be a Follower. Doing that will give you a warm feeling inside.
- If warm feelings aren't enough, look at it this way. Following is one more way to network. The more webs you weave, the more opportunities you have to become known and get your brand out.
Have these benefits convinced you to be a Follower? Or, are you one already? Do you know of any other reasons to be a Follower?