Sunday, November 16, 2008

NaNoWriMo or NoNoWriMo

If I'm going to get my NaNoWriMo book done, I better stop fooling around and get to it. I'm so far behind it almost seems hopeless to catch up. I have half a month left to go. Can I do it?
I have so few words I'm ashamed to even post how many I've gotten done. I would have to go and change the plot, which made me delete some of my precious word count.

I just went over to the NaNoWriMo website and I'm getting inspired again. They're like cheerleaders over there. I'm going to apply myself today and see how much I can get done. Now it's becoming even more of a challenge!

Is anyone else in the same boat as I am?

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:21 PM

    Well gone & get to it Morgs. Stop reading your comments and write! LOL

    Good luck with the NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. Last year I started at the end of the second week, skipped a few more days and ended up with over 50k. You can do it! Take it one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done NaNoWriMo, but I'm doing my own version of it with a Jan 1 deadline for a book. But I will say...Go for it, Morgan! You can do it. Seriously. You can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same boat, Morgan. Feels like a sinking ship, doesn't it? However, I'm getting words on paper, and even if I don't make 50,000 I'll be further ahead than I was before. You go, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm well on track to hit 50K by the end of the month, but my draft will probably need 150K before it is "done". I'm approaching NaNo as the launch pad for my work as opposed to the end all be all.

    Don't be ashamed, Morgan. The novel you write is your own experience and you should take it at your own pace.

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment Is Welcome